FL requires 180 instructional days
Source: FL Dept of Education website, date indeterminate
Rule 6A-1.09512, F.A.C., provides the following criteria:
- One hundred eighty (180) actual school days determined as prescribed by Section 1011.60(2), Florida Statutes, or
- A minimum of one hundred seventy (170) actual school days and the hourly equivalent of one hundred eighty (180) actual school days, determined as prescribed below:
- Kindergarten: Five hundred forty (540) net instructional hours.
- Grades 1-3: Seven hundred twenty (720) net instructional hours.
- Grades 4-12: Nine hundred (900) net instructional hours.
Each instructional school day requires a mininum of 5 hours.