Everyone a Leader
Source: Growing Leaders.com website, Oct 2012
In 2000, the Kellogg Foundation published a report on the status of leadership on university campuses in North America. The report included both state and private schools, and was compiled by Dr. Helen and Alexander Astin, from UCLA. Their conclusions were intriguing. Let me summarize a few of them here:
- Every student has the potential to be a leader.
- Leadership cannot be separated from values.
- Leadership skills must be taught.
- In today’s world, every student will need leadership skills.
- “Leadership in the Making” study, date indeterminate
- Posted in: Learning