Northstar: Self-Directed Learning for Teens
Source: Northstar website, date indeterminate
- Young people want to learn.
- Learning happens everywhere.
- It really is OK to leave school.
- How people behave under one set of circumstances and assumptions does not predict how they will behave under a very different set of circumstances and assumptions.
- Structure communicates as powerfully as words – and often more powerfully.
- As adults working with young people, we should mostly strive to “make possible” rather than “make sure.”
- The best preparation for a meaningful and productive future is a meaningful and productive present.