Ten Tips for a More Creative School Year
Source: CreativeTeach.me, Aug 2013
- Consider the physical atmosphere in your classroom.
- Model questioning and curiosity.
- Be cautious about the reward systems in your classroom.
- Leave room for choices, big and small.
- Have fun
- Do not be cowed by the Common Core. (US specific)
- When talking to colleagues about curriculum planning, bring creativity strategies into the conversation.
- Whatever your subject area, ask yourself, “What kinds of questions do professionals in this field ask?
- Bring ideas from different disciplines together.
- Resolve to learn and use at least one new technology tool this year, and then help students express their ideas in novel ways.
- Posted in: Uncategorized